Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Student out

So, school is back in session, and getting ready for this new semester. New things to learn, new professors with some old ones from last semester. And one missing face.

Yup, one student is gone. Isn't that just sad. I mean i don't know the exact circumstances leading to this student decision to leave, or was he/she forced to leave, but anyhow, this person is gone.

Seriously, i don't want anyone to fail out of this program, nor am i saying that this person failed out. But apparently, he/she is going for the Nurse practitioner program now. All i can say is good luck to you, and i hope all works out for you.

It saddens me because, honestly you guys, i don't want to see people fail. I'm not competitive by nature, and i want to see others succeed. have never being competitive when it comes to school work, nor do i care to be.

This is how is see things.

I have my study buddy, the best person in the world. She keeps me in check. She completes me. Where i lack skills in, she excels and vice versa. I'm hard core, very hard core. When i start studying, i can go for hours. Some intense all out studying, i come up with crazy questions, i think outside of the box, and i challenge her. On the other hand, i tend to overdue it sometimes. That's where she comes in, she'll slow me down, and remind to take a brake, and if there's something Ive overlooked she's there to remind me. She likes the way i study, she says it pushes her.

At the same time, my buddy is very organized. I'm not as organized as she is, but I'm getting there. And that's where she excels, very organized. She's able to find previous students who've taken the course before and ask questions. And that's what i like about her.

Some days, i don't know what i would do without her, and some days she says the same about me.

So, i cant help feeling guilty or wondering what i could've done to help this person. I don't want to see other fail at their goals, its just who i am.

But it's back to focusing on this semester now, gonna start reading so that i don't fall behind, and if i do i know i have J there to push me, and again remind of my goals. What would i do without her.

On that note, I'm off to the library y'all

peace out

2 comments:

  1. YOu know what you said about your study buddy being organized? I don't know if she's oyinbo or not but I find many of my oyinbo colleagues are highly organized, which allows them to work smarter not harder (which is my new life goal). They may spend only 75% or 80% of the time I spend studying, yet get the same or better marks, and one of the ways they do that is things like getting past exams or talking to people who have taken the courses before, to get some insight into where to concentrate their efforts.

    I'm glad you've got someone that you can benefit from and who can also benefit from you.

    You're such a sweet person, caring about your classmates like that. Maybe you can let some of your classmates know that if they're having trouble with any area that you have a handle on, you'd be happy to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, and you are right on point. My buddy is actually Asian but she finds people who take the class, asks a lot of questions to them and it has helped so much

    ReplyDelete