Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Thursday, September 23, 2010

This is going to be a hell of as semester


Its only been a couple of weeks since we got back in session, and i can already tell that this is going to be a crazy semester, in part because, two of our anesthesia professors CAN NOT TEACH.

I'm not at all implying that they are horrible practicing anesthetists, but i simply think that they can not communicate well what they have been practicing. In fact, i now know one nurse who worked in the OR with the pharmacology professor. And apparently, he is a great anesthesia provider, but, man i tell you, teaching is not his thing. Maybe he would make a great preceptor. I swear, the more he talks the more confused i get. He goes off topic a lot; he'll start talking about one drug then he realizes that he mixed it up and wanted to tell us about another drug. He is an intelligent person, and might have great knowledge too. But conveying that knowledge it a whole different domain.


Then you have the other anesthesia professor, totally disorganized; all over the place and just a plain mess. I swear, that one needs psych meds ASAP. lets end it here. I'll tell you more about that one next time. I need to dedicate a whole entry to that one.

In contrast, my other professors are well organized, speak and communicate well, and absolutely perfect. Why cant they all be the same? Just make my life easier please. I've basically been living in the library these past couple of weeks, and barely had time to do anything else.


My class mates party like crazy. I swear, they're always hanging out, going to restaurants together. They always invite me, but i'm like we have so much work, and who the hell has time to go party like that. Am i missing something? i am to anal about school? One on them said that this is the "party semester." WOW. While I'm the library studying induction agents and benzos, they are having a hell of a time going to restaurants, and socializing.

So anyways, my social life is looking better these days. I still don't have time to hang out as much as i would like too, but the personal life is looking better too. Its hard to date when you have this load of work. lets see what happens.

That picture up there is from a recent trip out of town, a little R&R just before class started again. Its a man in statue like attire. I swear, i was so scared to get next to him. I have a fear of mimes. can you believe it? mimes? I swear something must have happened to me in early childhood. He was moving his body like a mime, and i just stood there frozen afraid to get close, but managed to get a pic before i darted out of there.

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment