Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Competition

what ever happened to helping each other?

I don't understand why people sometimes feel the need to compete with each other. We are in anesthesia school together and we should be helping each other. I'm not into competition. The only person that i need to compete with is myself.

I was not surprised but totally turn off when i see how people are literally competing with each other. For instance people sometimes read from the valley anesthesia book, but they will straight up lie about it and will on occasion accidentally slip when 3 days ago they said they don't use it. Get the picture.

And this one girl in class. Wow. Seems like people don't like her much. I'm not sure why. She seems cool but the people she hangs out with all the time never told her about the valley books, and never gave her some really helpful study aids. It wasn't until she asked me for help and i mentioned to her that the Valley was a great resource and she looked at me like "what are you talking about?" and im like " didn't the people you hang out with tell you" and she's like no. Of course, she's upset at them and wants to hang with me now. Oh brother. This was a drama filled week.

I don't really trust people from that program anymore. All they want to do it compete.

Please. Who the hell has time for that?

Anyways, my love life has crashed and burned before my eyes. Major disappointments. Long distance, and no free time are the culprits. I don't know what to do. I think I'm having a quarter life crisis in the middle of anesthesia school. Since I'm closer to 25years old then 50, i cant be having a midlife crisis. So I'm having a quarter life crisis.

My books are my refuge, i start reading and all these taught s go away for the time that I'm in the library.

4 comments:

  1. Zoe,
    Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.
    ”Long Distance doesn't permit the action to be seen; rather, words convey the feelings when distance hinders. Keep your headup young lady and keep doing what you are doing and what you have always been doing. Keep the faith and God blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me a little more about the Valley Anesthesia book you blog about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valley is a review course that is highly recommended for certification. A friend lent out her book to me but i definitely plan on taking the course, great investment.

    ReplyDelete