Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This was one of the toughest weeks yet

Wow, i am mentally and physically exhausted, and it really didn't have anything to do with school actually. Nonetheless, i made it through, and navigated through a rough patch in my life.

Yeah, the purpose of this blog was to strictly vent about the everyday activities related only to anesthesia. But, its sometimes hard to separate my private life from anesthesia life. I have to be a professional and leave my feelings at the door. And most of the times i do, but sometimes you just cant help it. And this weekend was rough.

I had two major exams this week, had one yesterday and the other today. I'm not a procrastinator and i actually like reading everyday. Well, that habit came in handy because by the time Friday came, disaster followed.

First, it was waking up at 430am and seeing my grandmother in hypertensive crisis and in distress. It wasn't fun, had to rush her to the hospital. I was concerned over that but she managed to do well. Sleep deprived and calm after that episode, i jetted off to the library. But by the time nighttime came, had another major crisis. And this time it had nothing to do with the grandparent. I'm not going into details but i was simply left in tears and heart broken. I usually have a hard time trusting people, and for the first time i let my guards down just to be deceived.

I spent most of Sunday morning in a daze, could barely touch a book and had little sleep. Sunday night, i managed to pull myself together and read a little for my exams. But anyways that was the weekend, and on Monday my classmates could see that i was not myself. Guess I'm not good at hiding my emotions.

But, remember that crazy professor i told you about in one of my previous post. I swear, i couldn't stop laughing the whole class. Professor A. was clearly having a bad time too, and A. was just crazier then ever. I laughed so hard that it dried my tears away. We learned about the anesthesia machine, and A. clearly needed some practice using the machine. I'm guessing that A. hasn't used that type of machine in a long time.

Anyways, i managed to pull myself together and took one exam on Monday. Grades are back, and looking good. :). Had the other one today, and we'll see what happens.

I feel better actually. I have great friends and family. And although i didn't go into detail about the 2nd crisis in my life with them, they understood and still gave support. I am truly blessed to have great friends and family that understand me.

I navigated through a taught one you guys. lets just say, you have no idea what went on. But God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

I take it as a life lesson. Never a failure, always a lesson.

Anyways, today is the first night in a long time since i have taken some time out for myself. I think i finally deserve a brake from mr books, and I'll see him tomorrow in the library.

Goodnight people.

4 comments:

  1. LOL thanks for the correction. I was too exhausted to notice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been reading your blog for the past few weeks and I wanted to let you know that you have people you don't even know rooting for you, praying for you and who are encouraged by you and your journey. Thank you for being so open.

    Katie B

    ReplyDelete