Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CRNA school is hard


Yeah, that's no surprise. I mean i am going to be handling people's lives. One wrong calculations in my med dosages, one wrong med given or not being an efficient CRNA can at any moment change someones life forever. The material is hard, especially pharmacology.

Pharmacology is hard. It is excessive and a lot of work. It is not easy and combined that with a pharm professor that's not on his "A" game and you now have a recipe for disaster. I mean, the pharm professor, lets call that one A, is a nice human being with a great personality but teaching isn't "A"s thing. Having someone who knows there stuff to the tee would be great for us. But unfortunately, this is the situation i'm in. We don't have a great pharm professor and it makes things that much harder. The other professor, lets call that one X, is all over the place. I swear, Ive never met someone so disorganized in my life. But honestly X means well. X wants to see all of us pass and all but man, i hate going to that class. But, i get to play with the anesthesia machine and i usually ignore the situation.

My other professors are great. Oh thank you Lord that i have the other two. Unfortunately, i wont have them next semester but at least i can enjoy them for now. Yes, i have professor X and A next semester and i am not looking forward to that. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, seniors told me that one of the anesthesia professors next semester is great. So I'm looking forward to that.

Mean while, i noticed that I'm like one of the only people who always stresses out about exams and all that. Seems to me like everyone else is just chillaxing. I mean, they study don't get me wrong but, i just feel sometimes that i worry too much and just need to take a step back and breath. Maybe I'm an overachiever? maybe? possible?

Honestly i spend most of my days in the library. Ive clocked in 12-16 hour days in the library. I swear, my family hardly see me. And from the situation that i ran into a few weeks back (drama in my love life), i now find myself pushing the limit now, doing more 16 hours then 12 just to keep my mind off things. I know a few other people who spend a lot of time studying as well. But sometimes i just have to remind myself to take it easy.

Anyhow, one of my closest friends wants to set me up on a semi blind date with two potential contenders. I say semi because Ive seen them before and befriended them on facebook. That facebook i tell you, nothing but trouble. They seem cool. I just have to pick which one to go out with, and they don't have a clue :)

Anyways, have a great thanksgiving guys

No comments:

Post a Comment