Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I did my first Aline and CVP line



Great week guys!!!!

I got my first A-line and first CVP in this week. Had a couple of days of practicing on the mannequins. I must say it wasn't easy, had to learn my landmarks and was very frustrated when i couldn't get blood return on the first attempt. But the hard work paid off, i successfully place my first Aline the first time around, and a successful CVP placed on the 2nd and 3rd go around.

Can i give myself a pat on the back? I worked it, and to top it all off i passed both checkouts too!!!!Sweet.

That's definitely one stressful element that's done with for this semester. Next thing now intubation.

Took some pictures during my practice sessions. I swear i'm the biggest geek ever but i love what i do and why not document the whole experience, so i want to incorporate real life pictures on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just have to say that I love your blog!! I just got accepted to a CRNA school in Florida...will be coming from a long ways away and your blog is so encouraging and honest. Just wanted to say thanks! Can't wait to start in the Fall!
    - Erin

    ReplyDelete