Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Thursday, February 10, 2011

Money saving ideas!!!!!!!!


Well, since CRNA school has practically engulf all the money that i have saved up, i had to come up with ideas on how to save some money (I'm always looking for bargains).

I recently discovered that most of the anesthesia books also come as international versions that they sell in India and for south Asian curriculum. I was pretty hesitant at first to get the international counterparts. But, i decided to take a chance and see what happened. End result, i have saved a lot of money.

The books have the same material as the American version and can be lighter because they are made from different material.

First example the Miller's anesthesia book. US version is $500 before taxes, international version i got for less then $250 including S&H straight from India(same material difference is that the international version is lighter and says international version on the cover).

Second book Stoeling's anesthesia and coexisting disease US version $150, international version $40(the book looks really different from the US version but as you read thru it, again same material). And so on.....get the picture.

I'm still looking for more money saving bargains here......help

3 comments:

  1. All the best in your studies, and the money saving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anesthesia Student,

    Thank you very much for doing this blog and the inspiration you provide. For some reason, I don't read many people's blogs. But I couldn't resist being drawn to yours . In my opinion, it is one of the best blogs about Anesthesia School on the internet.

    Not only do you provide useful, but also, the information is very descriptive. Perhaps I should say that my favorite part about reading the entries is the personal touch to it: (your determination to succeed and do something extraordinary in the world, and your advise to your friend who is into the profession just for the money).

    And by the way, I like the line "I'm single and ready to mingle." I hope you have found true love now:)

    Thank you so much for doing this blog, and I hope you will continue to share some entries even after the program.

    You seem like a really nice person. I know you will graduate successfully, and I pray that God will grant you the wisdom, guidance, and strength you need to become a successful Nurse Anesthetist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you. I wish i could write more but studying takes up all my time. But i want to definitely try to keep you informed. Its a taught road but nothing comes easy in life. But i love it and in the end the hard work will payoff.

    ReplyDelete