Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm still here

Hey guys,
its been a minute now since i last wrote. Yeah, anesthesia school is keeping me pretty busy. I promised more pictures and they are coming. We just learned how to place spinals and epidurals and just barely started intubating. So, we're about to hit the practice lab soon on our own and the pictures will be arriving shortly.

Its been the same routine pretty much lately. Going to classes, hitting the books although I'll admit that i do more studying at home now. I guess after a while you just get so tired of the library. I've never really studied at home and the change of scenery has been very motivating. Plus i get to stay away from this doctor that always harasses me in the library. We are good friends but he always finds a way to offend me.

I was minding my own business when he comes along and starts talking about that he doesn't understand the reasoning behind the idea of nurses getting there DNPs. Blah blah blah.... that nurses want to be like doctors and that nurse anesthetist like myself are only taking jobs away from doctor and adult nurse practitioners are doing the same thing as well.

I swear, he just wouldn't stop talking and whatever i said to him just wasn't good enough. And then he goes on to say that nurses shouldn't to have DNPs because hospitals need a hierarchy and at the very top of that is the "doctor". Needless to say, our conversation ended there.

I find that very offensive.
What do you guys think?

5 comments:

  1. Def. inappropiate!! That doctor needs to mind his own business and start worrying about other important things!! Needless to say going to CRNA school and accomplishing it...like how you are doing its amazing and takes time and dedication!!!im always checking your blog to see how things are going. You motivate me to keep pursueing my dreams as a CRNA! I know your going to be the best :) Keep doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U should have told him to suck on a big dick..he shouldn't hate..the fact that most of his resident counterparts are basically mindless morons in comparison to an RN who's been on the job for a year is something u should have pointed out..next time u see him..give him a finger

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yeah there's no point continuing arguing with him. I'm not bashing all doctors at all but this particular doctor is a jerk

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Odily thanks and i hope that you continue pursuing your dreams and dont give up. its going to be hard but nothing comes easy in life and in the end it is all worth it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. U should tell him "I became a nurse because I wanted to show that not all smart people go to be doctors, the ones who cannot collect all the information in 2 years go ahead to learn that info over 8 years...that makes em doctors!...bitch!!" anyways nursing is totally a different profession...we are meant to work collaboratively with physicians not under em, otherwise we could just blindly do what they say.
    Jag
    www.studentcrna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete