Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Friday, May 21, 2010

THE BEGINNING


Heart bounding Thru my chest, palms sweaty, i felt faint. I had all these emotions rushing Thru, like a Tsunami. I was scared, didn't know what the letter was going to say. But at the same time, i was thinking, the wait is over. I caught myself saying once last prayer as i opened the letter. I whispered under my breath, "oh Lord." My eyes began to fill up with tears, my heart was racing. Those last few minutes felt like an eternity, i couldn't open that letter fast enough.
It's been a few months now since i received my acceptance letter to Nurse anesthetist school. All the feelings of excitement have steadily died down, replaced by feelings of anxiousness and nervousness. I'm still pretty excited but i just want to get this show on the road. These last few months I've been preparing for school by taking harder assignments at work, reviewing EKG and blood gases, and reading " Watchfull care: a look at America's nurse aneshtetist", and just relaxing. The count down is on until the first day of classes.
With all the pressures CRNA students are prone to, i decided to have an outlet for my experiences. I am hoping that blog will be cathartic. Each entree will be based on my personal experiences and, occasionally that of my classmates. I am attending a front-loaded program, and all the didactic classes come first. The good stuff, clinicals, come later.
I'm hoping that my experience will motivate hopeful nurses into applying, and i am hoping that other SRNAs will share their experiences with me.

Thanks guys, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment