Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My heart has been broken

So, i received some shocking and hurtfull news. One of my dear friends, an upper classman at another school, has decided to leave the CRNA program. For privacy reasons, i shall not go into details, but i will say that it hurts deeply. This is the person that i look up to, and admire dearly.

The decision is made, and i respect that. By no means is this program a measure of intelligence, or of one's nursing skills, but requires alot of dedication and focus. If you really want to do this, if it is in your heart, if this is your passion, if you put in the work, then you will succeed.

This came as a shock mainly because this person was to be my "go to person" for support and advice. By no means do i consider this person a failure. Instead, i look at this as an opprtunity to learn. The person had great advice, and basically told me to follow my heart.

I was devasted and wanted so badly to crawl to a corner, and cry. I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness coupled with fear. But i remembered one of my favorite quotes: The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.”

I WILL go into this program giving the best that i can.
And, once again i thank you dear friend for your honesty, advice, and your gift of friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Damn beansy..who dat? I'm loving ur stuff so far..keep 'em coming..

    ReplyDelete