Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Sunday, May 23, 2010

The home stretch


So, it's been several months now since i received my acceptance letter. One can not describe the intense feeling i had when i received my acceptance letter. It was the best feeling in the world. I've been working towards this goal these last couple of years. I transferred to an ICU to fulfill the requirements for the program, took physics as a requirement for some schools, and even took the GRE. The biggest sacrifice had to be saving money.


Long ago, i realised the commitment it took to be a nurse anesthetist. I spoke to countless students, and newly hired CRNAs; the overall consensus was that at some point or another i would have to leave my full time job and go part-time, or per Diem. I saved as much as i could by not moving out of my parents house, i didn't purchase a new car (i kept my old beat up ride from nursing school and my friends made fun of me), and saved as much as i could whenever possible.

I am at the home stretch now; school starts in the next several weeks. I'm so nervous mainly because i have been out of school for a couple of years now. To alleviate my nerves, I've been reviewing EKGs, blood gases, and a few drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment