Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Tuesday, December 7, 2010

its sad: another student dropped out


Came as a complete shock. Man that feels really bad. I still cant believe it. I knew that i didn't see this person for a few days but certainly didn't think they were going to drop out. We are nearing the end of the semester, just finish it out. Go out with a bang. I don't know the full situation, but i wish them the best and good luck.

Well, this person did give some explanation saying that the program was just to hard, and they didn't have that drive and motivation to do it anymore. And who knows might of had some personal issues too leading to that decision. And to be honest, i have my bad days too. This is not easy. And when i have my bad days i call my motivating buddy, Mr S, and my girl V. Heck, even my ex calls sometimes to motivate me(and that's another topic of its own).

Honestly, i cant emphasize the support system enough. You need it. You can not do this without cheerleaders and people to motivate you. I'm lucky that i have great family and friends. And i am grateful to still have that burning drive to do this. Its not easy, and its overwhelming at times. i cant count how many times i have called people to complain and cry too. Thank you for listening and giving me a shoulder to cry on. I need it.

Good luck and i hope you made the right decision for yourself and not look back on this and regret it. You will be missed dearly.

2 comments:

  1. I congratulate you on pushing forward and being as motivated and driven as you are and I can only hope I'll have the same/ keep the same intensity as you have. And you are completely right about having a strong support system because thats basically your backbone. And like you I wish your former classmate all the best with their life and future dreams/goals.

    Just wanted to also say that I was the commenter who asked what program it is that youre in so I understand your choice for anonymity. I look forward to reading the rest of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i prefer anonymity because i want to be honest without fears of getting in trouble. Our program director is a good person at heart, but can be very weird and has mood changes and might not feel comfortable with some of the things i say sometimes but i'm just being honest. Thats all.
    Thanks for reading and hope to have more stories to share.

    ReplyDelete