Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Saturday, December 4, 2010

Finals


Finals!!!!

Only a couple of more weeks until the end of the semester. Man, i tell you, i am so looking forward to my vacation. I'm going to be so lazy during the brake, I'm going to watch TV all day and lay in bed like the biggest couch potato you've ever seen. This is exhausting, and part of the reason is because the school of nursing is in the process of revising the CRNA curriculum and we are basically the first class doing this sequence of classes. And it is not fun, and i think that they have realized that this sequence is unrealistic and more changes need to be done.

I know that i can be an overachiever sometimes, but right now i just want to learn as much as i can to keep my patients safe and to graduate from this program successfully. Is that so hard to ask?

My classmates overall are great people, but there are a couple of funky ones also. They seem to be all over achievers, and hard workers as well. But you do have a couple who still manage to find time to go drinking and get drunk. It baffles me sometimes that they have times for that, and to go party. Maybe its me, do i need to just chill sometimes? am i too type A personality? i taught i was always type B and easy going. But i don't try to compare myself to others, that's futile. I definitely seek advice from others and then i do what is best for me. Some of them can stay up till 3 AM the night before the exam and come in at 8Am and take the test. I cant do that at all and i cant cramp either, especially for pharmacology.

Finals are a few weeks away and all i ask God is guidance and strength to make it in these last few weeks. My goal is not to be the best in class, but to be great at what i do, and successful.

That's all.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just started following your blog. It is amazing! Totally keeps me motivated to apply for CRNA school. I am just finishing up RN school in may.. so I have some training to do in ICU and taking some educational classes but am extremely focused on getting into CRNA school. It sounds like a grueling process.. but i keep thinking... it will only last a few years and then you will have a what you've always dreamed of. A job in anesthesia. Keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah thanks. Doing my best, lately i've cut back just a little on the studying (one can only take so much of the library 16hours is too much i know some people who sleep 2 hours after cramming all night come to class and go back to studying) but i'm still hitting the books 8-10hours a days and one day where i mostly rest and do a few hours (thats good for the mind and soul). yeah its not easy to get in but i over heard the admission committee talking about what they look for in applicants. I'll let y'all know when i have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!!the program seems too hard.I am praying that God's gonna guide me in which direction to go.Your blog site is indeed a blessing.May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete