Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My life as a nurse anesthetist student



The first and conceivably the central reason why i am pursuing a career in health care is because i want to make a positive contribution, and the desire to do something that will ameliorate the life of others, and take away pain and suffering felt by patients. I view nursing as a calling and not a vocation. It is the desire to dedicate your life to helping others. I can be the giver of hope to people.
My interest in nursing anesthesia began in nursing school following an experience in clinicals. A fellow student and I were rotated to the OR to observe a routine procedure. We arrived into the OR just as the anesthesia person was setting up for the case. I began observing him attentively from the time he started checking his equipment until he put the patient under anesthesia. I became enthralled by what he was doing. After the procedure was done, my classmate and i began recapping our experience in the OR to our professor. Enthusiastically, I began describing what the anesthesia person had done. My professor mentioned to me that I should look into nursing anesthesia. At that point, I had never heard of nurses doing anesthesia. A short time later, I began doing research.

2 comments:

  1. Wow nice meeting you. I am also a nursing student. How is yours going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going ok. I'm doing my masters, and it pretty intense. I'm putting in all my time into this, so we'll see what happens

    ReplyDelete