Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finals week coming up

The dreaded finals week is coming. That essentially equals to no sleep, no socializing unless the people your are socializing with are your classmates. In that case, your socializing will be done in the library, my favorite spot on campus. Yes, you will usually find me in there, with my Starbucks iced Carmel coffee, or skinny iced vanilla coffee at hand; my books and notes sprawled in front of me, and my loyal study buddy by my side.

What would i do without my study buddy? She keeps me in check. Actually, we keep each other in check. Once in a while, i have my bad days where I'm in no mood to study. Oh yes, she will give me a long speech, and kindly remind me of the amount of loans i have taken on for this program. And that essentially, will "scare the hell out of me", and there i go running towards the library door with her behind me. I call her my motivation, or more like my reminder. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love anesthesia. But this program is intense and non stop. You will get exhausted, and having her around has helped.

Did i mention that my dating life went from minimal to nonexistent. She has even suggested that i start dating. But who has the time when you have exams every two weeks, and in between you have papers and projects to do.

Solution? Eharmony

I barely have time to fill that thing out. I barely have time to write on my blog. Blog entries take about 5 minutes for me to complete, max.

That questionnaire, please. Probably take at least 30 minutes. After spending 4 hours straight listening to one of my lectures online, i don't have that kind of patience to sit another 30-45 minutes filling out a questionnaire.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

or maybe, I'll fill it out during our break from school? that's a thought

Anyways, one of my classmates wants to get pregnant. Are you kidding me? This is not the time to have a baby. This program is very demanding, and not the time to think about getting pregnant. I'm not here to judge, but that decision should of been made pre CRNA program. How can one study for exams every 2 weeks with a screaming new born. Oh, but that's not the kicker, her husband lives in another state. So, essentially shes going to be on her own with a new baby, her husband is not done with school. So, whose going to watch the baby i kindly asked. She's going to move her mother in with her, her mom lives in another country.

Complicated, i say.

She asked for my advice, and i was honest enough to tell her it was a bad idea. She's concerned that she's 33. 33 is not old. By the time we graduate, she'll be 35-36. Still relatively young. But she's more like, "your not in my shoes your much younger then me. You wont be in your 30's when you graduate."

I don't know what to say. Pregnancy makes you so tired. I'm concerned she wont have the energy to study. And once the baby is here, she'll loose focus.

Anyways, peace out. I have to study now.

3 comments:

  1. Youy know I've always been a strong supporter of eharmony..u go girl..go gerrit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever naija god. Remember what that traveler said about dating sites? I don't want to get played

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your classmate needs to take a long look at what she wants out of life. I have been hearing more and more about difficulty conceiving among women so I think if a child is one of her dearest wishes, more than this program, then she should go for it. However, given what you've shared about the demands of this program, I'm not sure she could do both at once.

    And you make such a good point about her living apart from her husband. I think she should wait until they are together...their child should not be raised by his/her grandma, and the father should not miss out on the early years of his child's life.

    They have a lot to discuss sha.

    ReplyDelete