Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Thursday, July 1, 2010

Working while in school

Well, that's not going as i expected at all. This is a pretty heavy course load, more work then expected for the beginning of this program. And i have been warned time and time again, it only gets worse from this point forward. Nonetheless, i was ready for the unavoidable, i quit my job.

Yes, i resigned, it was just too much. I love my job, and it brings money. But i realized that I've come this far into this. This is a commitment to become an anesthesia provider. Ive taken out all this loan, and the benefits out weight the consequences.

I know one fellow student who failed out of this program, and still has to pay back all these loans. Can you image having 60 thousand in loans and now having to pay it back and not having the degree you were working towards. Scary!!!

Spoke to upperclassmen, fellow classmates, and after juggling school and work for a while, it was overwhelming and exhausting. And i came to this final decision.

Yes, i know. Many will say that they know people who worked during this program, but when you start clinicals its pretty much impossible to do. Whats the point of going to work when all I'm thinking about is the next test, or the next paper due.

Anyways, I'll be working per Diem. Therefore, I'll have some sort of income, and not completely broke. I'll have more time for school, as well. And maybe work on my love life too. There's nothing wrong with that right? I'm still single and ready to mingle.

And on that note, peace out, off to the library again.

No comments:

Post a Comment