Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.
Albert Einstein



“Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.”














Sunday, July 18, 2010

Semester one: almost over


Can someone say the countdown begins.
We have just a couple of weeks left until the semester is over. Where did the time go?
I was feeling so exhausted, and shameful too because i taught i was the only one. Alas, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Asked around, and my classmates are feeling exhausted too.
Summer semesters are tough because we have exams every week. It was like no brake for your brain, the ultimate brain workout. I tell you, in August, I'll be partying like crazy until class resumes in September. That project is going to have to wait.
Until then, i have to put in the work.
Sometimes i get a little down now, mainly because i am broke as hell. But I'm not the only one in that boat. my study buddy is cooking food everyday and bringing it to school to save money. I've been doing that too, but sometimes i just get tired of carrying my lunch box around like I'm in first grade, or something.

Anyways, major drama. One of my classmates informed me that her loan didn't go Thru. I'm so scared for them. Shes doing great in the classes, but last week she was so distracted because of the loan issues. She could barely take notes during class because she just kept thinking about it. I hope everything works out for her. She's a great person.
My suspicions were confirmed this past week. Two of my male classmates are gay. I don't have anything against that. One of them is so clean cut, i mean supper clean. Too clean cut to be a straight man. I mentioned that to my buddies, and some were like no way. Others were unsure. Anyways, they've been hanging together alot. Hey, maybe we have our first budding love story in our class.

We had this pharmacology guest speaker come in this week. The speaker was horrible. Why do they do this to us. Just as i was starting to get use to our professor's style. Bam!!!! curve ball. The guest speaker. Now, what am i suppose to expect for the next exam?

By the way, this been supper hot lately. I'm walking down the street, and I'm sweating like crazy. Men are sweating like crazy, when you stand next to them the smell of their armpits hits you in the face like a ton of bricks. Girls are walking around with their skirts around their necks, and their ass cheeks hanging out.

Oh brother, i miss spring.

2 comments:

  1. i actually really miss winter!!im taking summer school too,im so tired, just finished a 7-paged paper and i dont do papers which is why im an engineering major.im tired, my brain is no more working well.the first 2 weeks of august, i have a program to participate in and then the next one week, ill be moving into a new apartment.sigh.and my school starts on the 23rd of august, im tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a fan of papers either. Summer school was a requirement for the program. it was not my choice

    ReplyDelete